Here is what I am doing for the next three months (combined with yoga, meditation and exercise – walking mainly and weight training) as I prepare for a March FET at CCRM.
• Taking a baby aspirin (low dose and coated)
• Relaxing/mediation – going to a “healer” who also adjusts you as you lay there for up to three hours if you want – miracle find and so relaxing (only in ATL)
• Acupuncture targeted at increasing fertility. I am going local and then heading to Dr. Wu in NYC (he is the best, well IMHO). I am certain implantation occurred because of him last time…
Perhaps add in L arginine during the cycle (not before) to help with lining issues, doubling up on my vitamin D (everyone is low and it is a huge issue – forget calcium this is why we have such a huge problem with osteoporosis…) On to the smoothie:
• And last but not least, drinking Lori Bregman’s fertility smoothie everyday!
Lori Bregman’s Fertility Smoothie
Ingredients (links are to Lori’s favorite products):
• frozen mixed organic berries
• almond or rice milk
• protein powder (something natural and clean, without a lot of additives or soy)
• 2 shots of wheatgrass (I use a frozen one by Evergreen, but you can use powder or fresh shots instead)
• maca root powder
• acai berry
• mixed powered greens
• royal jelly (*Do not use if you have a bee allergy)
• bee pollen (*Do not use if you have a bee allergy)
• liquid omegas
Read dose/serving information on back of each product. Mix everything together in a blender. Use more or less milk to achieve a desired consistency.
What it all Does:
• Powdered Greens, berries and acai: Feed and promote healthy cell growth and help nourish the blood.
• Wheat grass: Lowers FSH levels, nourishes cells, helps restore hormone balance, and helps alkaline your PH levels, which makes it better for sperm to live in.
• Maca root: Nourishes the entire endocrine system, enhances fertility and brings hormones into balance. Also increases sex drive, vitality and gives you tons of energy.
• Royal jelly: Balances hormones, supports the endocrine system, helps raise estrogen levels in women, and helps increase sperm quality and testosterone levels in men.
• Bee pollen: Contains high levels of vitamins, acts as a natural aphrodisiac, nourishes the ovaries, increases fertility, regulates the menstrual cycle and helps produce healthy eggs in women, and increases sperm count in men.
• Protein powder: Repairs and builds healthy tissues.
• Liquid omegas: Helps stabilize your moods, lowers inflammation in the body, increases blood flow to the uterus, regulates the menstrual cycle, ovulation, and cervical mucus in women, and increases sperm mobility in men.
If anyone has other ideas for FET prep or pregnancy prep for all ages or specific doctors, make a comment to help others…